Friday 15 July 2016

What to Pack for Travel//Blog Hop


For the Friday Favourite Blop Hop hosted over here at Lizzie in Lace, I'm going to tell you about some carry-on essentials! In my opinion, comfort on flights  all depends on how you pack your in cabin luggage as inside contains everything that will help you to pass the time and stay comfort.



COMPLETE ESSENTIALS
Travel Wallet- I was gifted one of these by my boyfriend's mum and I absolutely adore it. I can fit all my cards, multiple currencies and my passport in it! The one I have has plenty of card spaces- be it ID cards, credit and debit or business cards, large pockets for tickets or boarding passes and is even long enough to fit insurance forms!

Cash and bank cards, Passport or ID- Obviously.

Phone and Charger- Although this is an obvious one, you'd be surprised how many times I've forgotten my phone charger when on holiday. Something I've found, which you should try to, is to talk to the hotel concierge. You never know who has left a charger behind and didn't claim it!

Travel Documents- If you're like me, you'll like to print everything months in advance and keep everything in a nice plastic wallet to keep everything precise! 

FOR YOUR OWN COMFORT
Comfortable shoes- Be this slippers, flip flops or just general flat shoes. Take your feet out and relax but remember to pop something back on if you want to go to the toilet! 

Scarf, Cardigan or Jumper- Planes temperatures fluctuate and tend to be either really hot or really cold. If they're cold, there's nothing better than cuddling into a nice jumper so you don't have to touch the in travel blankets! Cardigans are also a nice lightweight alternative which can be worn off the plane too depending on weather conditions! A bonus as well is that the scarf can be used as a pillow!

ENTERTAINMENT
Headphones- After such a long search for headphones that I actually like (apart from my iPhone in ear ones), I finally found some that don't hurt my head! I've had the Beats By Dre for around a year and been loving them! They are super comfortable and I've seen somewhere you can even get wireless ones now! Perfect!

iPad, tablet or Kindle- While I may be a Netflix fiend, I do enjoy watching a few episodes (or seasons) of my favourite TV programme on my Kindle. Currently I'm loving 'How to get away with Murder' and 'Dexter.' But regardless of what is on my Kindle to watch, I always make sure I have at least 2 books too as I tend to get bored quite quickly. This alternative also saves on a lot of space and weight in luggage. Saying that, nothing beats the real feel (or smell) of a book!

Camera- I always make sure I take my camera on my carry on luggage- if you have ever seen how people handle your baggage you will know why! I have a Canon 700d with 2 lenses inside my camera bag. 

BEAUTY
Lip Balm- I've chosen Nivea Pearly Shine because it looks like you've made a huge amount of effort but really it is only a lip balm! I think it is important to keep your skin-and lips- hydrated during a flight as the climate tends to affect the moisture. 

Roll-on deodorant- I've seen some spray on mini deodorant bottles which are acceptable to take onto planes, but there is nothing worse than getting a mouth full of deodorant as it spreads through the cabin (no one ever has the courtesy to go to the bathroom)! So I always purchase a roll-on. I particularly like the Nivea Calm and Care because I have sensitive skin, but also because it is so discreet to apply and it is moisturising!

Hair brush and ties- I always try to pack a pint sized brush and some ties, just incase my hair decides to go full banshee. 

Face Wipes- Aeroplanes are one of the few places you can skim on the full cleanse. I love Johnson's Daily Essentials because they pack a hydration punch and get all your make up off mega quick. They also just smell what I can only describe as clean. 

Make Up- I never know what make-up goes over that 100ml limit, so I tend to keep it simple. I mainly take a moisturiser (obviously Vitamin E by Body Shop), concealer (in this particular post I've chosen Benefit's Fake Up), powder and one of those mini mascaras!

What are your essentials?





2 comments: