Sunday 24 July 2016

Review// The POREfessional

With so many primers out on the market, it's hard to find a great one that creates the perfect canvas on your face. Benefit 'The POREfessional' claims to minimise pore size and flatter every skin tone. What's my verdict? Keep reading to find out!

This primer claims to be invisible on all skin tones, and I do have to agree with that claim! I tried it out on myself, my very pale self, and there were no ashy streaks.
Benefit always packages their makeup in retro-modern style, and this doesn't disappoint. The aqua squeeze tube has a vintage look to it, and the matte/velvet finish of the packaging material itself feels comfortable in my hands to use.
The texture is velvety soft...not greasy. After rubbing it on my skin, I don't feel oily at all. The first two ingredients are silicone which explains the velvet finish--if you are allergic to silicone this is not the product for you. The scent of the product is pleasant and has a hint of fruity floral.
I put the primer on one half of my face to see the difference. After applying foundation to my full face, I noticed that the primed side looked and felt smooth, but it didn't stay that way. Throughout my work day it made my face look quite oily and my skin felt greasy to the touch. I tend to have dry skin, so this was very surprising to me! Sadly, I don't think I will be using this primer again but I wonder what other experiences people have had?
Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment